Homeschooling with Confidence
A Support Group for Newbies!
To encourage and support you through your first or second year of homeschooling
When: Eight meetings, once-a-month September 2018- May 2019 (two group options)
- Online group: 1st Tuesday of every month (except in January)
- Metro area group: 2nd Tuesday of every month
Where: two options (choose one): online or the metro area (Roseville, MN)
- Online group via Zoom app, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
- Metro group: Davanni’s Pizza, 1905 W Perimeter Dr., Roseville, MN 55113 ~ 6:30-9:00 p.m.
Cost: $60.00 for access to monthly 20-minute training videos, a workbook plus the monthly support group meetings (The workbook will have short exercises to help you implement what you’re learning each month)
- Starting Off Right (Online: Sept. 4, Metro: Sept. 11)
To help you get off to a good start we’ll review the homeschooling laws in MN as well as some important aspects of homeschooling that will help you have a more successful year.
- Scheduling, Planning & Record-keeping (Online: Oct. 2, Metro: Oct. 9)
Learn some tips on how to fit all you need to cover into each day as well as how to plan your school year and keep good records.
- Learning Styles (Online: Nov. 6, Metro: Nov. 13)
Children are all unique and they have different ways they prefer to learn. We’ll discuss some learning style models to help you understand your child better.
- Managing Your Home (Online: Wednesday, Jan. 2, Metro: Tuesday, Jan.8)
How do you find time for home responsibilities, meal planning and preparation, plus managing family life? This month we’ll learn some tips on how to live a balanced life while homeschooling.
- Avoiding Resistance and Developing a Love for Learning (Online Feb. 5, Metro: Feb. 12)
“My kids aren’t cooperating!” What to do if your child doesn’t want to do school work. You’ll learn some tips to help develop a love for learning in your children. We’ll also cover the developmental stages and how that affects schooling.
- Choosing Curriculum (Online: March 5, Metro March 12)
There are SO many choices for curriculum! How do you know what will work best for your children and your family? This month we’ll discuss the things to consider as you choose curriculum and we’ll go over the most popular teaching methods as well.
- Discipleship and Character-training (Online: April 2, Metro: April 9)
One of the best aspects of homeschooling is the opportunity to help our children grow in their faith and love for the Lord and to help them build godly character. This month we’ll discuss some effective ways to help our children grow spiritually and also go over some character-building tips.
- Wrapping up Your School Year (Online: May 7, Metro: May 14)
In this last meeting, we’ll go over how to wrap up your school year well, including analyzing what we might want to do differently for the next school year. We’ll talk through setting goals and making plans for the following school year.
Pay now to reserve your spot!
Join us! Contact me below if interested…