Hi! Thanks for checking out my website!
I’m a wife, mom and retired homeschooler who enjoys encouraging homeschool parents in the great adventure of educating their children. I love the Lord and believe that dependence on Him is key to doing well with homeschooling (and with life, actually)!
There are so many benefits to homeschooling: the ability to incorporate your faith in your child’s education, individualizing their educational program, one-on-one teaching, the close family bonds it builds, and the flexibility.
Over the 17 years my husband and I homeschooled, I learned a lot of practical things about homeschooling: popular teaching methods, how to choose curriculum, learning styles, teaching with preschoolers around, the ins and outs of the high school years, and more. The most important lesson we learned is to trust God and seek His help in all our homeschooling decisions as well as in all of life!
My desire is to provide encouragement and support for those who are home educating their children. I’d be happy to come and speak for your group or meet with you individually to help you with your own personal homeschool questions and struggles.
Or feel free to just spend some time reading through my blog…Grab a cup of coffee or tea and put your feet up and be encouraged as you read through what I have here about living for Jesus and homeschooling!
Contact me and let me know how I can be of help to you!
“I met with Kris Cox in the spring to help prepare for the coming year homeschooling 5 of my children, but especially to discuss preparing for the high school years. We will have a 7th grader for the first time and I wanted to gain a better understanding of what is required in the high school years so we could take the year and focus on practicing and planning for the years ahead. It was wonderful to meet with Kris, I have highly recommended her to my friends. We opened in prayer that the Lord would lead our conversation. She brought an abundance of information on grading, how to create transcripts, and specifically tailored our discussion towards by daughter and her interests. She came prepared with answers to my questions and handouts for my files to refer to later. We discussed curriculum I have selected as well as curriculum she advised might be a good fit for our family. Kris was thorough and knowledgeable about homeschooling. I think there is something very peaceful and reassuring for homeschooling mothers to discuss plans and questions with a successful veteran homeschooler who provides quality up to date information. Speaking with Kris was beneficial for our family and I look forward to speaking with her again as our children continue to get older. Even after leaving she continued to follow up with me and recommend curriculum and education clubs we had discussed that our family had an interest in.” Catherine H. 2016
“I highly recommend Kris Cox. She is familiar with a wide range of curriculum and tailors her sessions to offer the best suggestions for your child’s learning style. When Kris met with me, I immediately felt comfortable with her. I also felt that her rate was very inexpensive, especially considering how much thought and preparation she had put into fulfilling my homeschooling goals. Kris is a genuinely kind woman who cares about parents and children and obviously puts a lot of effort into satisfying her clients’ needs.”
Joanne M. 2014
“I have known Kris Cox for 17 years.Kris was readily available to me when I went to her for advice, guidance and encouragement while I homeschooled my son for 12 years.Kris’s dedication to excellence in the physical, spiritual and educational development of her children was an inspiration to me.I admire Kris for her hard work, commitment and joy in homeschooling as well as her character as a Christian friend, wife and mother.”
Judy M. 2013
Dear Homeschool Parents,
As a fellow homeschool parent, I would like to take this opportunity to highly recommend Kris Cox to you as a homeschool consultant.She has over 15 years homeschool experience having graduated her four adult children.I have known Kris for many years as a personal friend. She has encouraged me as well as numerous families in her role as a support group leader!Kris also served as founder and director of the Constance Homeschool ETC. Co-op for several years. In this capacity, she organized classes for over 30 families, recruited volunteer parents, and hired paid teachers for science and physical education classes. She hired Jon Nuckols who is well-known in the homeschool community as an excellent science instructor. Kris acted as liaison between the Co-op and the YMCA to arrange the PE classes. Kris is very talented and incredibly patient.She is a compassionate and encouraging person.She has a deep faith in the Lord and will do an excellent job in assisting you in your home education as a consultant.The advice and prayer support you receive from her will be invaluable to you and your children!
Shelly L. 2013
Friend and Retired Director Constance Homeschoolers, etc.
Experience & Background
- Out of the 17 years we home educated our children, I attended the Minnesota Association of Christian Home Educators (MACHE) home school conferences for most of those years. I highly recommend the MACHE annual conference.
- I helped start and co-led the Constance E.T.C. home school co-op in Andover, MN for many years. Wow, what a blessing that group was for our family!
- I currently tutor students in reading and ESL. I utilize Dianne Craft’s brain integration therapy and right brain learning techniques as well as Susan Barton’s Orton Gillingham approach for teaching children with dyslexia.
- I worked as the phone responder for MACHE for 2-1/2 years and currently give The Homeschool Workshops on beginning homeschooling and homeschooling through high school for homeschool groups on behalf of MACHE with my dear friend and MACHE board member, Wendy Tuma. For more info, go to: The Homeschool Workshops
- I have a B.S.W (Bachelors in Social Work) from the University of North Dakota and a certificate to teach English as a Second Language.
- In my free time, I love to spend time with family and friends. I enjoy reading, walking, biking, swimming and playing board games. I’m just learning about blogging and am excited to figure out how to interact with people that way too!